- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup Dukes mayo
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 heaping teaspoon dill weed
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Add salt to sliced cucumbers. Put into the large wire sieve and let drain over a bowl overnight. [This is a suggestion of what will work to remove some water from the cucumbers as this first preparation ended up very watery but did not start out that way.]
- Combine mayo, sugar, vinegar, and dill. Add cucumbers and onions; toss. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Overnight would be better.
6/27/2019 – Sliced the cukes, salted, and let drain over a bowl in the outside refer for about 4 hours. There was maybe a cup of liquid in the bowl. Made this batch per the recipe above and it still became watery.
Next time use Greek yogurt instead of mayo and drain the cukes longer.