11/20/2019 – Made this and ladled over blackened catfish. It was VERY good and would be great over other things like rice or pasta. It could be made with other seafood like fish, scallops or maybe oysters.
Inspired by the recipe at The Big Fat Happy Italian.
- 4 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Onion
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 Cup white wine. [She called for Vermouth.]
- 1 (14 oz) Can diced or crushed tomatoes
- Salt & Pepper
- Dash Of Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 Cup more or less of Heavy Cream
- 1/8 Cup Chopped, Fresh Parsley
- 3 Cups chopped Into 1 Inch Pieces
- Heat the butter in a saucepan, and add the onion and garlic. Cook for about three minutes and then add the wine. Simmer until the wine is cooked down.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and the parsley.
- Cook for about 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the shrimp and simmer until pink.
- Stir in just enough of the heavy cream to turn the sauce a dark coral pink color. Return to a simmer.
- Serve over pasta, rice, or blackened tilapia!