1/5/2020 – Mary made this based on the copy cat recipe for PF Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps here. The wraps were very good. The big difference is using our mustard green leaves instead of lettuce. We had a hard frost last night and that was not the first. Frosts are supposed to make greens sweeter and our mustard greens are certainly milder now than before the frosts. They were a very good alternative for the lettuce and will be used again.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound diced chicken thighs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha, optional
- 2 cups Diakon Radishes from the garden diced. Copy Cat recipe called for 8-ounce can whole water chestnuts, drained
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 10 medium to large mustard green leaves after several frosts so they are sweet.
- Marinate the diced chicken in soy sauce with garlic and fresh ginger for several hours.
- Saute the marinated chicken in olive oil over medium heat until brown.
- Stir in onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and Sriracha until onions have become translucent, about 1-2 minutes. [See the first bullet below.]
- Stir in radishes and green onions until tender, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To serve, spoon the chicken mixture into the center of a fresh sweet mustard leaf and roll it taco-style.
- Include fresh garlic in the stir fry and not only in the marinate.
- Add more heat byway of more Sriracha or red pepper flakes
- For more wrap recipes go here.