This was inspired by a Bobby Flay Recipe here from his Mesa Restaurant. This is an unusual potato salad as it includes tomato and garlic.
- 1 1/2 cups prepared mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chipotle pepper
- 1 large ripe tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 3 scallions, chopped, white and green parts
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 16 new potatoes, about 3 to 4 pounds, cooked, drained and sliced 1/2-inch thick
Combine all the ingredients, except the potatoes, in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Place warm potatoes in a large bowl and pour the mixture over potatoes and mix well. Season again with salt and pepper, to taste.