3/1/2019 – This dish turned out great and we enjoyed many fantastic leftover meals. Mary created this based on other recipes and her experience.
- Yellow Onion
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Garlic Pods
- Broccoli – homegrown in her garden
- Black Pepper
- Cheese sauce
- Cream of Chicken Soup – not diluted
- 1/2 can (measured in the soup can) of Half & Half
- Precooked chicken
- Precooked Yellow Rice
- Panko bread crumbs – Roasted Garlic
- Melt several tablespoons of butter in
- Saute one medium yellow onion.
- Add red pepper flakes
- Add chopped garlic pods
- Add broccoli – One large head separated with about 1 inch of the stalk. Cut into bite-sized pieces. Cook until just crisp.
- Add Pepper to taste – No salt as the soup will probably be salty.
- Add cheese sauce (we used queso)
- Add Cream of Chicken soup without adding the usual water.
- 1/2 of the soup can of Half & Half
- Add precooked, deboned chicken cut into bitesize pieces. We used 5 chicken thighs that Tom had smoked with pecan wood.
- Cook the 1 cup of yellow rice in 1 cup chicken broth plus 1 cup water.
- Place cooked rice in baking dish and add ingredients from skillet. Fold together.
- Cover with roasted garlic panko crumbs.
- Bake at 350 for approx. 30 minutes.