Easy Chicken Gyro Recipe – The Best Ever
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper.
- Mix then add:
- 1/2 C olive oil
- Squeeze of lemon
Slice equivalent of 3 chicken breasts thin and stir in the marinade
Cover, marinate for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
Make Tzatziki while chicken marinates.
Saute sliced marinated chicken (no more oil needed) and when cooler add fresh cilantro.
Fry pita bread
Assemble Gyro Sandwich
- putting a lettuce leaf on pita then chicken
- then red onion, tomato, and cucumber
- lather with tzatziki
- Peel half a cucumber and dice it
- Dry diced cucumber on paper tower
- 1C greek yogurt
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 regular cloves of garlic minced
- 2 T fresh dill
Add cucumber and mix
Dress with splashes of olive oil and a dash of fresh dill