2/26/2020 – After reading many recipes we decided to try it like this. It made two one-quart jars.
1.25 Lbs. (20 oz.) radishes from the garden
11 oz. carrots
4 large green onions from the garden
1 tbsp minced ginger in each jar.
6% brine solution
- Cut radishes and carrots into thick slices like a pickle wedge. The target mix was 2:1.
- Cut green onions into one-inch long pieces.
- Filled the jars alternately with all ingredients although the ginger was in the bottom half.
- Filled with the brine solution.
- Added glass weights and rubber fermentation lid.
- Put in the storage room to ferment.